Tuesday 15 April 2014

Wk 15...Use 2 papers - Digi Choosday Challenge

Happy Digi Choosday everyone! And more importantly Happy Easter for later this week!

We have a brand new Work and Play collection to share with you this week - this is the third in the series which is launched this week and you can get it here:
Isn't that just darling? These collections have 10 fabulous male and female characters included in each collection and each one has 6 unique themes papers (60 in the whole collection!), plus there are embellies, sentiments and toppers too - it works out at something ridiculous like just over £1 each digi and then all the rest is FREE! Wow!! 

So let's get to the challenge this week!
Today we are challenging you to 
use 2 different backing papers in your projects
so a nice easy one for you! 
However, we made it more difficult for the Design Team by making them PAPER PIECE and this was certainly pushing them out of their comfort zones by making them go really hybrid with their digi crafting this week! If you've never tried paper piecing you should give it a go, it makes your digi images take on a different look entirely!

You can see the winners of our last challenge at the end of this post - don't forget that you don't have to use our products to enter and the winner will receive 3 free Digis. You have until Tues 29th April to enter the challenge and the winners will be announced on 6th May. All we ask is that you just follow our simple rules in the sidebar! --->

So let's see what the team have for you this week!

Anjie - The image is Jack the Pirate and can be found here in the Polkadoodles Etsy Store and also on the Bonbon Belles Double CD Collection the papers I have used for the piecing and backgrounds are from the same CD, as are the embellishments and sentiments. I've added faux stitching around the papers and sentiments.
Scatty Jan Ohhhhh enjoyed this weeks project - I made a 3d shop front window - I used the little gardener from the work and play collection 2  and coloured him in Graph'it Markers - I  paper pierced his hat using one of the papers from the work and play collection 2 , they are really scrummy! I also used some flowers from the Back To Nature collection which I cut tiny and added to the plant pots. I also added in some flower soft  to the trellis. I cut some extra elements from the Cherryblossom lane CD which I decoupaged , pots and basket , also the little ladybird - more piccys on my blog.
Jo- I don't think I have paper pieced a digi stamp before this project and it is so effective. I printed the Dollie Daydream Ready for Rain Digi to colour and layered two more over papers from the Sugar Birdies collection, I then cut out alternate sections of the umbrella and inked slightly around the edges before piecing them together. I also printed a matching sentiment and used a fab paper from the Dollie Daydream collection as my background. I will definitely be paper piecing digi stamps more often!
Zoe - This was a challenge for me, but I knew I needed to make a male birthday card for this week so I chose the fabulous papers & Pirate images from Bonbon Belles collection. I took all of the elements into CraftArtist to create my main design - layering the elements until happy to print. I then coloured the Pirate digi with my Graph It markers. I then took pieces of the coordinating paper to 'paper piece' the shells and the cuff of his coat.
Yvonne - I have never done paper piecing at all before and found this week to be quite hard.  I decided to make a little frame box for a change. I used Ready for Rain which you can get in the Etsy shop or as a download digi from Polkadoodles or as part of the Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD-Rom.  I used papers from the Daisy Papers Download Bundle.  The flowers are from the Flower & Leaves Bundle. I added some laser art from the DooBadoo range available at Polkadoodles. 
Sally - Hello there.  I used the Pretty Sweet CD Rom and picked Maddie in digi form. I coloured here with my Graph'it markers and then printed out two of the papers from the CD.  I then paper pieced the dress with the two making papers. I cut her out and matted her onto a scalloped oval. Then with the rest of the papers used them as backing papers. Added a piece of lace and ticket sentiment.
Debbi -  I really enjoyed making this weeks paper piece project, which is a large A4 Get Well Soon card. I used Emma Canning's Rainy Days digi, which I have to say is one of my faves, and went mad a totally paper pieced her. The background was taken from the Hoots Tree collection. I used a combination of papers from the Christmas Joy and Dollie Daydream Girl Talk collections. I added a little Glossy Accent to the rain drops to give them a water effect.
Susan - I have just loved doing this challenge as it was a challenge for me, I have only ever done paper piecing once before. I have used the Ballerina Dancer digi from the amazing Work and Play 2,  the very lushy papers and sentiment were printed out 2 on white card and 1 on pattern card. I used one as the base image and the others to cut from, then coloured her with my ever trusty Graph'it markers. For the Embellishments I used some of the New Dutch Doobadoo products , Ribbon from my stash, and the rose I made from Paper Clay. I just loved making the flower and as I get back into it I hope they will improve, its just like making sugar flowers which in the past was my craft.... 
Wow!! What great creations this week, they pulled it out of the bag again!!

Our Random Winner as chosen by Random.org from Week 12 
which was our ANIMALS challenge is
Well done!  email us here  quoting reference DCW12001 to claim your prize of a Digi bundle please!
The design team's Top 3 faves this week who have all won a free digistamp are:
 and 52 Anda
Please email us here to claim your prize quoting DCW12003! Well done everyone, don't forget to grab your blinkies from the sidebar! 

We hope we've inspired you to join in this challenge - Don't forget that you don't have to use our products to enter and the winner will receive 3 free Digis. You have until Tues 29th April to enter the challenge and the winners will be announced on 6th May. All we ask is that you just follow our simple rules in the sidebar!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

2 comments :

  1. Wow! Thanks for the top three! Made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for choosing me to be one of your Top 3 - I am chuffed to bits. Brilliant news.

    Thank you so much.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx