Tuesday 4 November 2014

wk 44 - Thank you/Winter colours....Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

Before we get onto this weeks challenge we have a few people to introduce you to.
Remember we had a DT call running for a few weeks, well we had so many fabulous entries it was so hard to choose - the calibre of entries was overwhelming this time. So please join us in welcoming these lovely ladies to the Digi Choosday team.
In no particular order we have:


 It’s great to have you all in the team ladies and we look forward to working with you.

Now onto this weeks challenge which is
Thank You or Winter Colours.
To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between. 
You have until 18th November to enter and the winner will be announced on 25th November, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store).

We have an amazing new CD collection which has just been released so don't miss this one

The winners from week 41 Christmas can be found at the bottom of this post.

Now let’s see the fabulous creations the team have made us for this weeks challenge!

Crafting Vicky Oh my world!  I have managed to do something that I have never done previously!!!!  I have made a one layer card for this challenge which wasn't that easy for me!  Thank you in Winter colors... well what are winter colors?!?  So already that had me thinking for some time!  And then I went looking and stumbled upon a totally fabulous scene from the Cheery blossom Lane Collection and the sparks went off in my mind!  Hope you like my very CAS card, but I think it's really efficient in saying thank you!

Julie - I always associate the colour brown with winter, when the leaves have all fallen from the trees and we are just left with the brown branches and trunks which is why I chose to use brown.
I have used the new fantastic Winston Digital Download for my card, it's the full collection that is also available on the Winston CD, but you can now download it immediately after payment,  no waiting for delivery or P & P charges.
The gorgeous image, which is called Winston writing a letter, and the beautiful spotty paper is also included in the download, which is available in the Polkadoodles Digiworld store HERE
You can buy the digi image singly if you wish, it's called Winston get in touch and is available in the store HERE 



Anjie - I have chosen a cool blue colour palette. The image is Octavia bird in hand and is an instant download item. She is coloured with my Graph'It Makers. The papers, flowers and butterflies are all from the Dollie Daydream Download Collection, this is also available as a CD.
Tanya....I’m not a fan of winter, but when I think of it I think of ice blue and sparkly silver.  With blue in mind I have created a very very large blue and white floral ‘Thank You For Being My Friend’ tag for that uber-ly fab gift you would buy for that special friend, or it could equally be a lovely card too.   The image on the oversized tag is the very beautiful Octavia Friendly Hugs digi stamp which can be found HERE  and coloured her using Graph'Its and various ribbons and flowers, full details of which can be found on my blog. 

Wendy - Mmm.....winter colours, brown like leaves and blue like ice I think. For this weeks card I've made a double Z-fold and I just couldn't resist using an image, backing paper and a fabulous sentiment from Winston, seeing as it's now available on instant download. I've used Shy Etty, who is also available individually here and coloured with Graph'its.




Scatty Jan For my winter colours I went for Blues and Browns- I used the lovely digi image Octavia Best Friends , I think she is my favourite digi ever. I coloured her with Graph'It Markers. The paper, Bow and flowers are from the  Winston collection and the sentiment is from Work and Play 3 collection...
Caz  Hi everyone for my Thank you card in winter colours, I have used the gorgeous image called Georgia available as a digi download, also available on Bonbon Belles Double cdrom. The lovely papers and flowers are all from Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD. And lastly the Thank you ticket can be found on Work & Play collection3....
Yvonne - Hello there! I opted for cool blue and purple, the latter being contemporary I would say.  As the theme is thank you, I think the perfect image to saying thank you is the lovely 'Florist' from 'Work & Play 2'.  You can get this as a CD-Rom, a complete Digi Download Collection or you can buy the digi image here, or from the Etsy store, lots of choice!  I coloured her with my Graph'It Markers.  I printed out the blue flowers paper from the Pretty Sweet Collection and then I used 'Broken China' Distress Ink around the edges. The sentiment tickets are from 'Work & Play 3'.
Kate - When I saw it was a 'Thank You' challenge I immediately thought cute teddy bear or flowers so Etty Shy from the Winston collection was a perfect match for me. I went with icy blues and silvers for my winter colours, and coloured with Pro Markers, added glossy accents to her nose and the flower centres. The flowers are also from the Winston collection and I added buttons & pearls from my stash.


And now for the winner from week 41 - The winner chosen at random is:


please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk44001wk41 to claim your prize!
And the top 3, in no particular order, chosen by the design team are:

Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Make sure you pop over to our sister teamies over at The Digi Queens for loads more inspiration today! 

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx