Tuesday 13 October 2015

wk 41 crafting challenge at Digi Choosday Feeling Sentimental


Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------<
Happy Choosday everyone.

You know what that means, yes it’s...
Your discount code for this week is:
CHOOSDAY
which will save you 
33% off all downloads 
when you spend over £2.25 for 24 hours only
*EXPIRES MIDNIGHT GMT 13/10/15
Just enter the code in the shop HERE


Just before we get started we are currently looking for a couple of new permanent teamies for the team and over on the Polkadoodles team so if you'd like to apply please see here on how to contact us and what we are looking for!...
DESIGN TEAM CALL HERE

Now onto the new challenge from us here at Digi Choosday...


This week the challenge is
Feeling sentimental.
So we want to see sentiments on your makes. You can use just a sentiment on it’s own, or a sentiment alongside an image, the choice is yours as long as there is a sentiment on there somewhere...
You can make anything you like, maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.

We give you two weeks to enter so that means the
CLOSING DATE IS 27thth October 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 3rd November 2015.
PRIZES:
The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive £5 worth of downloads of your choice from the digi store!
The winner and top 3 for week 38 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us....
Helen I've used 'Spooky Witch' digi stamp, 'Spooky Sentiments' and 'Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 1' download.
Jane – Hi everyone! Not quite sure how ‘sentimental’ I was feeling when I made my project as I have gone a little ‘zombiefied’ this week!!  I LOVE Halloween and as it is just around the corner I made a shadow box card featuring the gorgeous ODDELLA BOW who, as you can see, is a rather messy eater(!!).  I also used elements from the new SPOOKY SENTIMENTS collection and papers from some of the awesome HALLOWEEN BUNDLES that can be found in the SHOP!    Have a lovely spooooky day! xxx
Julie -- I decided to really emphasize the sentimental feel of this challenge, and I used a sentiment as the focal point of my card. I used Nikky's Card Shape 2, an SVG file.  The sentiment, frame, and papers are all from the Rose Budd Craft Digital Download  Collection.  It's also available as a CD.  Here's to all of you, dear friends!

Monica.-For my sentimental make, I used a bunch of different products: papers from Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 1 and Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 2; the adorable sentiment and the potion bottle from Spooky Sentiments; and the lovely witch, tag and bat from Sundae of Seasons.

Emma - For my 'Feeling Sentimental' card I have used the awesomely spooky new Halloween collection. I have used the 'You're Spooky' sentiment as the main focus & have added the spooky house & skull banner that you can find it Here I have coloured up Dracula using Copics & you can find him Here. Both of the papers can be found in this fab bundle Here 
Tanya...For this week's challenge I've used lots of the lovely sentiment tickets from the Work & Play Love collection and papers from that collection too and I've zentangled one of the Icky Inks Oddella images called Oddella Heart available here.  Hope you like it. 

Wendy - I love this sentiment from the Octavia Moonfly collection and had a picture of my dog, Kayla, that suited it perfectly so decided to do a scrapbook page.This has been made 100% digitally using Craft Artist. The shadow of the fairies, which are the pre-coloured images from the same collection, have been changed to silhouettes, again using Craft Artist. All the embellies are also from the Octavia Moonfly. Several of these elements are available in smaller kits too on the Octavia page.
Aunty SueFor my card I have used the fabulous Frosted Winter Octavia. I wanted to share some of the Embellishments and show how they can be a focal point. I have used the Candy Jar and added loads and loads of mini Ginger bread people inside. The cup is also an Embellishment I added some fluffy stuff for 3D effect. All the papers are from this CD too. The sentiment was my inspiration for this card and is the perfect Sentiment for these Embellishments dont you think! I just added some Ribbon, Lace and Pearls to finish.
Audrey, like Tanya, used a variety of different sentiments for my Feeling Sentimental creation.    All the sentiments I chose for today's creation are from the Witchie Witchie 2013 Download Bundle.  I also used 2 of the papers as well as the broom parking and graveyard embellies from the Witchie Witchie 2013 Download Bundle.  The image I chose this time is Witchie Skeleton Digi and the orange polka dot design paper is from the new Halloween/Autumn Paper Heaven 1.  I added a pumpkin die cut to round out the decorations on my card.
Anjie I have chosen to focus just on a sentiment as I adore the one I have used and thought it deserved to be the main focus of my card. The fabulous sentiment and the papers I have used are all from the Serenity collection. You can find the sentiments on their own HERE, and the papers HERE.
Wow, who knew sentiments could be so inspiring! Great makes from the DT I’m sure you will agree....


If you would like to join us as a GDT please join in our challenge and add GDT after your name on your entry. Then send us an email to digichoosday@yahoo.com

Add your entry using the linky tool below.
Now for the winner and top three from week 38 Ribbon and Lace

The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:

# 4 Carol Gill 
Well done!
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW038001 to claim your prize of £5 worth of downloads from the digi store!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
# 16 Meg 

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!

Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx